- The HERCULES-C Final Partners' Forum and Meeting took place in Augsburg, Germany, on 9-10 December 2014, hosted by MAN Diesel &Turbo. Fifty delegates from the partners participated. The meeting included an overview presentation of the Project and its results, made by the Project Coordinator as well as Presentations of the final results of each Work Package by all Work Package Leaders. Posters with results from all Work Packages as well as publications of the partners from the project results were presented. The Final Meeting also included a Panel discussion titled "Limits to marine engine efficiency".
The whole meeting including the panel discussion was broadcast over the Internet. The complete webcast may be found at:
The Plenary session presentation can be found in the General Presentations tab in the Publicity section.
The Work Package Leaders' final result presentations can be found in the Work Structure section.
The Panel Discussion presentations can be found in the General Presentations tab in the Publicity section
(December 10, 2014)
- The Project Technical Board and Project Steering Committee convened in Athens, Greece, on 17 June 2014, hosted by National Technical University of Athens.
(June 23, 2014)
- The Project Technical Board convened in Zurich, Switzerland, on 11 February 2014, hosted by Wärtsilä Switzerland.
(February 17, 2014)
- The 1st Review meeting (Mid-Term Review) with the EC officer and EC Reviewers took place in Brussels on 3 October 2013. The HERCULES-C Consortium was represented by the Coordinator and 5 more participants. Following the meeting and the assessment of the Periodic Report for the 1st Period of the Project (January 2012 – June 2013), the EC "Consolidated Review Report" was released on 4/11/2013 with the overall comment: "Generally speaking the Project is doing well with interesting and high quality results with no problems or delays foreseen."
(November 11, 2013)
- The HERCULES-C 2nd Partners' Forum took place in Copenhagen, Denmark, on 25-26 June 2013, hosted by MAN Diesel &Turbo. The partner's forum is an informal assembly of representatives of all partners. It convenes annually, organised by the Project Coordinator, to exchange views, present results and assist in bottom-up coordination and assessment of objectives. The Forum included also a Poster Session with presentations of all project Work Packages.
(July 5, 2013)
- The EC has confirmed the acceptance of HERCULES-C Contract Amendment #1. The main issues covered by this Amendment #1 are the official termination of Participation of Beneficiary #4 Bodycote Metallurgical Coating Limited and the addition of Beneficiary #23 Engineered Performance Coatings, subsidiary of Flame Spray Technologies ltd.
(February 12, 2013)
- The Project Technical Board meeting convened in Augsburg, Germany, on 24/1/2013, hosted by MAN Diesel & Turbo SE . In the meeting took part the Work Package Leaders of all Work Packages, as well as the European Commission Project Officer, Mr. G. Mialocq. The Project Officer presented an outline of the EC Sustainable Surface Transport Research with focus on Waterborne Transport.
(January 25, 2013)
- The HERCULES-C Project Technical Board Meeting will take place in Augsburg, Germany, on 24 January 2013, hosted by MAN Diesel & Turbo.
(December 5, 2012)
- The Project Steering Committee and the Project Technical Board convened in Vaasa, Finland, on 13 June 2012, hosted by Wärtsilä Finland Oy.
(June 16, 2012)
- The Project Technical Board convened in Zurich, on 9 February 2012, by Wärtsilä Schweiz AG. This was the HERCULES-C kick-off meeting.
(June 8, 2012)
- The HERCULES-C Grant Agreement (Contract) was signed by EC on 19/12/2011 and the Project has officially commenced on 1st January 2012.
(June 8, 2012)