Work Package 2: Computer Aided Combustion Optimization
The objective of Work Package 2 is to develop innovative engine designs and optimized combustion strategies to fulfill future emission standards for both two- and four-stroke engines.
- Improvement of engine design regarding combustion and engine process for both diesel and multi-fuel engines using advanced optimization techniques on various models currently used in engine process development. The goal is to optimize fuel oil consumption within the IMO Tier III emission standard.
- Conceptual optimization of various configurations of waste heat recovery systems leading to an overall adaptation of the ships thermal processes towards improved total energy efficiency.
- Future combustion strategies for exhaust gas aftertreatment.
- Validation of numerical models & tools and optimized engine components with measurements.
- Future diesel combustion development based on computer aided engine design results on research engines under consideration of Design of Experiments (DoE) and with support of optical investigations.
Work Package Highlights