Work Package 6: Near Zero Emission Combustion and DPF Technologies
- Provision of advanced turbocharging systems including exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) for low- & medium-speed Diesel engines to achieve IMO Tier III NOx limits.
- PM reduction on medium speed diesel engines by sequential DPF after-treatment for US-EPA Tier4 equivalent 0.04 g/kWh limits.
- Adaption and integration of advanced DPF technologies for marine Diesel engines on ships including DPF regeneration strategy for higher fuel efficiency.
- Towards zero NOx emission by combining EGR and water emulsified fuel (WIF).
- Control system integration of combined EGR and WIF optimized performance on ships.
Work Package Highlights