Work Package 8: Intelligent Engine
- Development of an extended adaptive engine control with cylinder individual control algorithms applicable to diesel as well as multi-fueled engines at extreme operating conditions e.g. very low load, overtorque and rapid load changes.
- Expected fuel savings due to an extended adaptive engine control up to 3g/kWh, depending on the operating conditions.
- Development of signal evaluation criteria and diagnosis algorithms for new sensor types, e.g. in-cylinder pressure sensors.
- Sensor prototype for health monitoring of core components.
- Development and validation of algorithms to predict performance, faults and operating behavior as well as the definition of appropriate countermeasures.
- Confirmation of a prototype system in in-house tests.
Work Package Highlights