Work Package 9: Cylinder Lubrication Concept for Optimized Emissions
- General objective: Develop an emission optimized lubrication concept.
- Determine the amount of lube oil losses and its contribution to exhaust emissions, specifically carbon dioxide (CO2), hydrocarbons (HC) and particulate matter (PM), by applying sophisticated measurement technologies and simulation models.
- Establish a correlation between lubrication system parameters and exhaust emissions.
- Develop a new cylinder lubrication system for 2-stroke engines based on an "inner lubrication system" and lube oil recirculation in order to reduce the lube oil consumption and its contribution to the exhaust emissions by 30%.
- To adjust lubrication system parameters on the basis of operational requirements as well as the health monitoring of re-circulated lube oil properties
Work Package Highlights